Hiking in Zillertal
Hiking Paradise Zillertal
Nature and mountain experience in the Zillertal Alps
Here with us, there are so many beautiful, easy, difficult, long, short, strenuous, breathtaking hiking opportunities, the list would probably go on forever if we tried to list them all.
Here are the most important hiking areas and excursions, which are worth being discovered:
- Explore the Zillertal side valleys: the Gerlostal, the Zillergrund, Sundergund, Stillupgrund, Zemmgrund and the Tuxertal
- Experience the Zillertaler Alps High-Mountain Nature Park
- Fall in love with Ginzling, the mountaineering village
- Enjoy the views from atop the summits of Zillertal's mountain world
- Take a look at the reservoirs, which produce green energy in harmony with nature
- Breathe in the wonderful mountain air
- Climbing on Gerlosstein - Modern sport climbing on the peaks of Gerlossteinwand. The access from the top station of the cable car is simple, on the well-marked mountain trails. www.klettersteig.com/kGerlos/
Walking & Jogging
Being one with nature
Set out from right from your vacation apartment or suite at the Posthotel, after a few minutes you will reach the so-called Ziller Promenade, a path which runs right alongside the Ziller river. Heading south, the promenade continues for 8 km to Mayrhofen, or heading to points north, you can either jog, walk or run for 30 km as far as Schlitters, far removed from noisy traffic in the magnificent nature of the Zillertal.
Here you will find an interactive map with all of the hiking and running trails
*Pulse monitors are available at the reception desk.