On foot in the Zillertal
Hiking paradise in the Zillertal
Nature and mountain experience in the Zillertal Alps
At DasPosthotel, all hikes start right outside the door - and the list of possibilities is almost unlimited. Beautiful, easy, difficult, long, short, strenuous, or breathtaking paths - whatever your tastes, you are guaranteed to find your favorite tours here.
Since summer 2016, we offer our ZillerSeasons guests guided hikes. Our certified mountain hiking guides Judy & Jasmin will personally take you to the "hiking hot spots" and show you unique natural spectacles and viewing points with special character!
While you indulge in enjoying the beauty of our natural landscape, your hiking guide will stick to the schedule, monitor the weather, and keep you on the right path. We offer easy, intermediate, and difficult hikes. This is also the prefect opportunity to learn interesting information about our Zillertal Alps high mountain nature park or the surrounding environment.
In the great outdoors, we can let loose and become a kid again!
Take a look at our new vital program.
We ask that you register at the reception desk a day in advance for your hike.
Guided hikes with our certified hiking guides
We will depart from DasPosthotel in Zell am Ziller.
All dates at a glance (subject to change):
October: 10.10.2017 | 12.10.2017 | 14.10.2017 | 17.10.2017 | 19.10.2017 | 21.10.2017 | 24.10.2017 | 26.10.2017 | 28.10.2017
Optimal equipment for hikes
In order to optimally prepare, we suggest that you bring along the following equipment:
- Hiking boots (ankle-high)
- Backpack - you can use the ZillerSeasons backpack in your room.
- Plenty to drink and a snack
- Change of clothes z.B. t-shirt
- Protection against the cold - hat, gloves
- Sun protection - head covering, sunscreen
- Rain protection
- Personal medications
- Cash (at many huts, cards are not accepted!)
- Hiking poles (can be rented at the reception desk)
Here are a few hiking areas and excursion destinations that are worth exploring:
- Explore the Zillertal side valleys: the Gerlostal, Zillergrund, Stillupgrund, Zemmgrund, and Tuxertal
- Experience the high mountain nature park in the Zillertal Alps
- Fall in love with the mining village of Ginzling
- Enjoy the view of the summits of the Zillertal mountains
Walking & jogging
Sports in the diverse meadows
The Run & Walk Park Zell am Ziller is an Eldorado for all joggers, runners, Nordic walkers, and walkers. You can start right at DasPosthotel. After only a few meters, you will reach the Ziller Promenade, the path along the Ziller river. The promenade stretches out 8 km towards the south to Mayrhofen and 30 km to the north to Schlitters. You can run, jog, or walk away from the noise of the streets in the diverse landscape of the Zillertal.
Here, you will find the interactive map with all hiking and running routes. If you left your heart rate monitor at home, simply ask at the reception desk and we will lend you one.